Buying a remote starter can be a challenging task, today there are thousands of models of remote starters available on the market right now. So, what exactly is a remote starter? A remote starter is a combination of a remote control and a starter, one of which is connected to the ignition system of the automobile. Pressing a key on the remote control sends a signal to the starter connected to the ignition engine which, in turn, turns on the ignition of the automobile engine.
So, it simply is a device that starts the ignition of the automobile on the command from the remote control. As I mentioned in the beginning, remote starter systems come with several extra added features and this entirely depends on the manufacturers. Here are some of the best extra features available on a remote starter
- 2-way remote – Normal remote starters can just start the engine on command from the remote. But, 2-way remote allows the user to start the engine and the also allows you to check and control the temperature, door locks, and many systems.
- Automatic Starter Disconnect–Normal remote starters can just start the engine but, does not have the option to stop the engine or cut off the ignition on command from the remote control.
- Smartphone Compatibility–Apart from the starting the ignition on command from the remote control, remote starters with smartphone compatibility provides an option to pair the starter system with the smartphone which, in turn, allows the user to start the ignition, turn off the ignition and control many other features on the vehicle.
Factors to consider while purchasing the remote starter
- Warranty–Most of the automobiles comes with warranty and the warranty void if an extra part is attached to the engine. So, always be careful to check the warranty condition and manufacturer’s terms before purchasing a starter and attaching it to the engine.
- Features–Most of the manufacturers add juicy features to their remote starters, most of these features prove very helpful to the users. So, always choose to purchase the remote starters with the best and useful extra added features.
- Price–Price at times indicates quality, but it is not everything. There are manufacturers that provide excellent quality products with excellent features and best price. So, always remember to check the features, manufacturer’s reputation and then check the price. Paying more for a well-reputed manufacturer is reasonable and not a waste.
Benefits of using a remote starter
- Comfort–Having a remote starter on your car enables you to turn on your car ignition to warm up the car during cold seasons and during hot season the user can turn on the ignition and cool the car.
- Convenience – The remote starter system allows the user to start the car even before entering the car and therefore reduces the hassle.
- Safety–most of the remote starter allows the user to lock the car with the remote and also allows you to control and change the car settings.
- Less engine trouble – The best remote starter allows you to start the car even before entering the vehicle, this gives the engine time to warm itself therefore by increasing the efficiency of the engine.
All the details mentioned above were collected from several websites and from experts. Hope this article helped you